Matcha is considered one of the most powerful super foods on the market as the health benefits are astounding. It is the highest quality powdered green tea available - when you drink Matcha you consume the whole tea-leaf and 100% of its nutrients!
1 Serving of Matcha = 10 Cups of Regular Green Tea!
Matcha has 137 times more antioxidants than Regular Green Tea!
This high-grade, finely ground, concentrated green tea has been traditionally used in Japanese tea ceremonies for hundreds of years. Zen Buddhist Monks drank it to remain alert and calm during long hours of meditation. Matcha, like other teas, comes from the tea plant ‘Camellia Sinensis’. Matcha is made from high quality, whole tea leaves, that are finely ground into a powder.
The entire leaves are dissolved in water rather than steeped in bags. Instead of throwing away the leaves, you ingest all their antioxidant powers.
- Matcha possesses antioxidant levels 6.2 times that of Goji Berries, 7 times that of Dark Chocolate, 17 times that of Wild Blueberries and 60.5 times that of Spinach!
Numerous studies have shown that naturally occurring chemical compounds in Matcha are anti-carcinogenic by inducing cancer cell death and inhibiting cancer cell growth. Matcha is also rich in antioxidants, has free radical-scavenging activity and encourages your body’s natural detoxification systems
- Matcha is a great addition to a weight loss program by tackling the problem from both sides. It boosts metabolism and burns fat. One recent study even suggested that Matcha may help burn calories by four times. At the same time, Matcha does not put any stress on the body. It doesn’t raise blood pressure or heart rate, making it a safe alternative to questionable quick fixes or pharmaceuticals ridden with side effects.
To name just a few of the benefits of Matcha:
- Is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg (100x more then regular green tea)
- Boosts metabolism, helps with digestion and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind, reduce stress and relaxes the body
- Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Prevents diseases
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
- Provide natural, long-lasting, healthy energy with no crash
- Slow down the effects of aging on the body
- Prevent and assist with the recovery from cancer
- High in potassium, iron, and magnesium, as well as dietary fiber
- Helps prevent cancer by inhibiting tumor growth
- Speeds up post-exercise recovery
- Boosts immune system function
- Promotes weight loss and fights belly fat
Matcha and Caffeine Absorption
Matcha does contain caffeine (around 1/10th the caffeine of a cup of coffee) but the way Matcha delivers caffeine to your body is very different to coffee and energy drinks. Matcha helps enhance energy and concentration and it creates an "alert calm" due to a natural substance it contains called l-theanine, which induces relaxation without drowsiness.
With Matcha, the caffeine is absorbed and released slowly by the body over a period of 6-8 hours. This means that Matcha provides a sustainable energy boost without the rapid 30-minute spike, slump, and jitters associated with coffee.
BEETROOT LATTE MIX
- The main ingredient in our Beetroot Latte Mix is Beetroot Powder (made from real beetroots). 1 teaspoon of beetroot powder is equal to 1 whole beetroot! Beetroot powder is rich in antioxidants, dietary fibre, calcium, iron, potassium, folate and magnesium, Vitamin A, K and C.
- Most impressively, Beetroot is naturally rich in nitrate, compounds that can improve blood flow and lower blood pressure, thus leading to major health benefits. They help to prevent cancer, fight inflammation and boost immunity, liver and heart health.
- Beetroot helps flush water from the system to effectively prevent and reduce water retention, which is often a cause for excess weight. They are extremely low in calories and contain no cholesterol.
To name a few of the key health benefits as follows:-
- Good for Heart Health: Beetroot helps reduce cholesterol and triglycerides by increasing the level of HDL cholesterol (“good” cholesterol). Having a high level of triglycerides increases the risk for heart related problems, so increased HDL is an excellent defence.
- Reduces Birth Defects: Beetroot is excellent for pregnant women since they are a source of B vitamin folate, which helps in the development of infant’s spinal column. Deficiency of folate could lead to a variety of conditions called neural tube defects.
- Prevent Certain Cancers: Studies show that beetroot is effective at preventing skin, lung, and colon cancer, since they contain the pigment betacyaninis, which counteracts cancerous cell growth.
- Good for Liver Health: Betaines contained in beetroot stimulate the functions of the liver.
- Prevents Respiratory Problems: Beetroot is a source of vitamin C that helps prevent asthma. The natural beta-carotene in beetroot helps to prevent lung cancer. Vitamin C is also a powerful antioxidant that boosts the immune system in a number of ways. Besides acting as an antioxidant itself and defending against the effects of free radicals in the body, vitamin C also stimulates the activity of white blood cells, which is the body’s main line of defense against foreign bodies, as well as viral, bacterial, fungal, and protozoan toxins that can result in a multitude of infections and illnesses.
- Prevents Cataracts: The presence of beta-carotene, which is a form of vitamin A, helps to prevent age-related blindness called cataracts as well as a reduction in macular degeneration that commonly occurs as we get older. Vitamin A is considered a powerful antioxidant substance that is involved in many essential activities in the body.
- Capillary Fragility:The flavonoids and vitamin-C in beets help to support the structure of capillaries.
- Boosts Energy Levels: Beetroot contains a significant amount of carbohydrates that provides fuel for energy and prolonged sports. These are the natural building blocks of energy metabolism, and beets provide them without any of the negative side effects of many other carbohydrate-heavy foods. When the body has a sufficient amount of carbohydrates, it is able to fuel all of the necessary bodily functions as well, including the important metabolic reactions that keep your organ systems functioning efficiently.
- Macular Degeneration: The beta-carotene present in beetroot aids in reducing or slowing macular degeneration in the eyes. Macular degeneration is often associated with an increase in free radicals, which drastically affect the premature aging process of many people. The beta-carotene is a powerful form of vitamin A, which has antioxidant capabilities and defends the eyes against the damaging effects of these free radicals.
- Prevents Strokes: A deficiency of potassium in the body increases the risk of stroke. Therefore, the potassium-rich beetroot is recommended to boost heart health for that reason as well.
- Further, our mix also contains Ginger, Many studies have suggested that increasing consumption of plant foods like Ginger decreases the risk of obsesity, diabetes, heart disease and overall mortality while promoting a healthy complexion and hair, increased energy and overall lower weight. Helps with digestion, pain reduction, inflammation and nausea.
PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE MIX
- Our Pumpkin Spice Latte Mix is packed with real pumpkin powder. Pumpkin is an extremely nutrient-dense food, meaning it is filled with vitamins and minerals but extremely low in calories. Pumpkin is perfect for weight loss. This is because pumpkin is rich in fibre, which slows digestion and keeps you feeling fuller for even longer!
- Pumpkin is also one of the best-known sources o beta-carotene, which is a powerful antioxidant that gives the vibrant orange colour to pumpkin. Beta-carotene is converted to vitamin A once consumed. Consuming foods rich in beta-carotene may reduce the risk of developing certain types of cancer, offer protection against asthma and heat disease, and delay aging and body degeneration.
To name a few of the key health benefits as follows:-
- Blood Pressure. Pumpkin is excellent for the heart, as the fibre, potassium, and vitamin C content in pumpkin all support heart health. Consuming adequate potassium is almost as important as decreasing sodium intake for the treatment of high-blood pressure. Increased potassium intake is also associated with a reduced risk of stroke, protection against loss of muscle mass, preservation of bone mineral density, and reduction in the formation of kidney stones.
- Prostate. Research has demonstrated a positive relationship between a diet rich in beta-carotene and a reduction in the occurrence of prostate cancer; this is according to a study by the Harvard School of Public Health's Department of Nutrition.
- Eye Health. The antioxidants vitamin C, vitamin E, and beta-carotene (all of which are found in pumpkin) have been shown to support eye health and prevent degenerative damage.
- Promote fertility. Consuming more iron from plant sources such as spinach, beans, pumpkin, tomatoes, and beets appear to promote fertility, according to Harvard Medical School's Harvard Health Publications. The vitamin A in pumpkin (consumed as beta-carotene then converted to vitamin A in the body) is also essential during pregnancy and lactation for hormone synthesis.
- Boosts immunity. Plant foods like pumpkins that are high in both vitamin C and beta-carotene offer an immunity boost from their powerful combination of nutrients.
Further, our pumpkin spice mix contains nutmeg and cinnamon which also are extremely good for the body. Cinnamon is known for being extremely high in antioxidants and being extremely anti-inflammatory. It has positive effects on blood sugar levels, digestion, immunity, and helps fight infections. Nutmeg is known for having numerous health benefits, including its ability to relieve pain, soothe indigestion, strengthen cognitive function, detoxify the body, boost skin health, reduce insomnia, increase immune system function and improve blood circulation.
TURMERIC LATTE MIX
- Lutte’s Turmeric Latte mix is extremely nutritious and is rich in antioxidants to help heal and nourish the digestive and immune system. Turmeric has been used in Asia for 100’s of years to treat infections, wounds and other health problems. It has been known as “holy medicine”.
- Foreshadowed for its anti-inflammatory properties, curcumin, the active compound found in Turmeric is also held up as a cancer preventative, a weight loss supplement, a cognitive booster and a treatment for diabetes, amongst other things. Recent research and doctors are now confirming to acknowledge the antioxidant, anti-cancer, antiviral properties of this root.
To name a few of the key health benefits as follows:
- Anti-Inflammatory. Turmeric contains more than two dozen anti-inflammatory compounds, including six different COX-2-inhibitors (the COX-2 enzyme promotes pain, swelling and inflammation; inhibitors selectively block that enzyme.) In addition, curcumin, the main component in turmeric, lowers the levels of two other enzymes in the body that cause inflammation. Research has shown turmeric to be an effective anti-inflammatory in the treatment of conditions like arthritis, sports injuries, irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s disease, tendonitis and various autoimmune diseases. Unlike aspirin or ibuprofen, turmeric’s curcumin reduces inflammation naturally, without damaging the liver or kidneys.
- Powerful Antioxidant. Turmeric has many antioxidant properties which help fight off cancer-causing free radicals and may reduce or even help prevent the damage they cause. This is important in many diseases, such as arthritis, where free radicals are responsible for the painful joint inflammation and eventual damage to the joints. Turmeric’s combination of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects explains why many people with joint disease find relief when they use the spice regularly.
- Helps block Cancer. A recent study from UCLA found that curcumin, the main component in turmeric, appeared to block an enzyme that promotes the growth of head and neck cancer. A 2007 study published in the International Journal of Cancer found that curcumin compares favorably with oxaliplatin, a cancer chemotherapy agent.
- Good for your Liver. Turmeric has been shown to improve liver function. This is a good thing because your liver is one of the most important organs in your body. It removes toxins from your blood. It converts food into energy. It produces bile to aid in digestion. Who couldn’t use a bit of help with all of that?
- Helps cure Respiratory Illnesses. Milk with Turmeric is considered the best remedy for cold and cough due to its antiviral and antibacterial properties. It gives instant relief to a sore throat, cough and cold. As an antioxidant it protects the lungs from pollution and toxins. It also helps the oxygen transfer from the lungs to the blood. Warm nature of the turmeric spice heats up the body and gives quick relief from lung congestion and sinuses.
- Makes Skin Glow. Having a Turmeric Latte regularly can purify and nourish the blood and results in healthy and glowing skin. Due to its anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties it is excellent for skin diseases like eczema, acne, skin cancers etc. and helps in preventing premature aging. The antioxidant properties of turmeric milk fight the free radicals that are known to damage our skin, leading to loss of sheen and elasticity. Turmeric exhibits strong antioxidant activity comparable to vitamin C, E and Beta-carotene.
- Improves Reproductive Health of Women. Turmeric acts as a mild phytoestrogen, promoting the reproductive health of females. Turmeric regulates menses, decreases intensity and pain of periods, decreases amenorrhea (an abnormal absence of menstruation) and decreases uterine tumors. Turmeric is a mild and supportive uterine stimulant.
- Our Turmeric Latte Mix also contains Ginger. Many studies have suggested that increasing consumption of plant foods like Ginger decreases the risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and overall mortality while promoting a healthy complexion and hair, increased energy and overall lower weight. Helps with digestion, pain reduction, inflammation and nausea.
- It also contains nutmeg and cinnamon which also are extremely good for the body. Cinnamon is known for being extremely high in antioxidants and being extremely anti-inflammatory. It has positive effects on blood sugar levels, digestion, immunity, and helps fight infections. Nutmeg is known for having numerous health benefits, including its ability to relieve pain, soothe indigestion, strengthen cognitive function, detoxify the body, boost skin health, reduce insomnia, increase immune system function and improve blood circulation.